Areas of Expertise:
- Coaching and support for new and experienced board leaders
- Training and development for boards to support excellence in governance
- Custom workshops and retreats to meet your co-op’s needs
- Capital campaign strategy and technical support
- Comprehensive bylaw analysis (i.e. preparatory to legal review)
- Provided coaching and support for board leaders under complex circumstances
- Worked with 20+ boards of directors during times of general manager transition
- Supported Eastside Food Co-op in a successful $1M capital campaign, as part of a $6.5M expansion
- Served 10+ years on the Eastside Food Co-op board through a period that included startup, financial distress, recapitalization, and eventual stability and growth
- Founding organizer of the Northeast Investment Cooperative, formed to make cooperative investment in distressed commercial property in Northeast Minneapolis, www.neic.coop
- Recipient of a 2013 Howard Bowers Award for Cooperative Board Leadership
Lorrie Oswald, Board President, Cook County Whole Foods Co-op, Grand Marais, MN
Ready to take your organization to new heights? Contact us today to get started!
You have questions, we have answers.
In our library, you’ll find a wealth of free resources from expert partners whose experience and hard-won victories can help address your specific questions.