Updated in 2017-18, this manual is the result of a collaboration between Columinate and National Co+op Grocers. It guides boards of directors of food cooperatives through the steps needed to ensure a clear and professional process, resulting in the hiring of a well-qualified manager. Those steps are:
- Arrange for interim management
- Set up a committee to coordinate the hiring process (the Search Committee)
- Define the job and qualifications sought, and the compensation to be offered
- Recruit qualified candidates
- Screen the candidates
- Check references
- Conduct finalist interviews
- Make the job offer
- Welcome and orient the new general manager
Have more questions?
Get in touch with one of our consultants.